Click on the question below that you would like answered
• Are donations to HHV tax deductible?
• Why does HHV seem to have more than one address?
• What can I do to receive less mail?
• How can I receive corrected name labels?
• Can I help HHV’s mission, even if I’m unable to make a donation?
• Why did I receive a sweepstakes mailing?
• How much of my donation goes towards the program’s services, i.e. the veterans?
• I’m a veteran; may I receive craft kits from HHV directly?
• How many facilities has HHV shipped to?
• Is our facility eligible to receive crafts?
Yes — 100%. HHV is designated as a 501(c)(3) organization.
HHV’s headquarters is in Winchester, California. All craft kits are distributed from this location, with many kits produced here as well. Donations are directed to post office boxes in Washington D.C. (P.O. Box 98088), Hagerstown Maryland (P.O. Box 5025), and Topeka Kansas (P.O. Box 758505) for more expedited processing.
Donors to the HHV program may, from time to time, receive multiple requests. This happens when HHV receives their name from another nonprofit while seeking new donors. To alleviate some of this extra mail, please contact HHV and request quarterly, semi-annual or once-a-year mail appeals only.
Name labels are mass-produced and are unfortunately not available for individual orders. However, you may contact HHV to make corrections if you find that you are unable to use labels due to an error in your name and/or address.
Absolutely! One way you could help is by becoming a volunteer. There is no greater gift a person can give than the gift of their personal time. To find open voluntary services position at your local VA medical center, click here. For assistance locating a military hospital near you, please contact HHV.
HHV uses sweepstakes mailings as a part of its fundraising. For sweepstakes-related questions, please see the “official rules” section of your mailing, as there is often more than one sweepstakes underway and the details of each may vary. The official rules section will provide information such as odds of winning, the official deadline for entry and more.
The answer to this question can be found within HHV’s financials. You may view the latest by clicking here.
Yes! Eligible veterans may register through HHV’s Special Projects dept. to receive kits at home. Check here to find out if you or someone you know qualifies.
HHV has shipped millions of arts & crafts kits to hundreds of facilities since its inception, with each shipment customized. Facilities served have included:
- Overseas Military Installations: 31
- Military Ships: 1
- Continental U.S. Military Installations: 153
- State Veterans Homes: 134
- Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centers: 180
- Department of Veterans Affairs Outpatient Clinics: 25
HHV purchases and manufactures a variety of craft kits with funds generously donated by caring citizens across the U.S. We carry a line of approximately 300 various items such as woodwork, leather items, paint-by-numbers, plastic models and ceramics.
Based on the size of the facility, (please see below to determine eligibility) HHV would provide a “starter” shipment containing a limited sampling of craft kits to give the veterans an idea of what is generally available.
Please note that craft kit types and quantities will vary.
Every craft kit has a donor card (or cards) attached, based on the retail value of the kit, (in $8.00 increments) which provide the veteran the opportunity to write a thank you note directly to the donor. Postage on these cards has already been paid by HHV – all that HHV asks of the veterans is completion and mailing of the cards in a timely manner, preferably within a three (3) month time frame.
Eligibility: Does your facility fall under one of these categories:
- State assisted veteran’s home;
- Military hospital;
- Private facility that cares for veterans
If the answer is “YES” to any of the above, the director or facility administrator may request (on the facility’s stationary) to receive HHV craft kits. It will need to be stated within the request:
- The number of veterans within the facility;
- The average age of those veterans;
- The person who will be responsible for the craft kits program;
- Assurance that the arts and crafts kits will be given ONLY to veteran patients, veteran residents or active duty military individuals (no staff or dependents are eligible to receive HHV’s kits);
- Assurance the kits will be kept in a secure storage area;
- Assurance that the “donor cards” will be completed by the veterans, screened for content, and mailed in a timely manner (postage is pre-paid);
- The shipping address (if different from that of the letterhead). HHV DOES NOT SHIP TO P.O. BOXES).
Once the request is received, HHV will contact the facility for a short interview to determine the qualifications as well as verify all of the information received.
For more information call 951-926-4500.