• Probably the most well-known estate-planning tool is the last will and testament.
• Whether standing alone or as part of a multifaceted estate plan, a will is a convenient and often simple and straightforward way to distribute assets to those you love. It is also a powerful way to help veterans.
• There’s no time like the present to plan for the future. Remember, in this case, it’s not the thought that counts, it’s the Will!
Where There’s A Will, There’s A Way
• You can structure your will to make HHV the beneficiary of a specific dollar amount or property, of a percentage of your estate, or of your residuary estate, which is what remains after all specific bequests and expenses are accounted for.
• To name HHV in your will, all you generally need is the following information:
• HHV’s full legal name: Help Hospitalized Veterans, Inc.
• HHV’s physical mailing address: 36585 Penfield Lane, Winchester CA 92596
• HHV’s federal tax identification number: 95-2706737
• In addition, the following language can generally be used to make a bequest to HHV:
“I give, devise, and bequeath to Help Hospitalized Veterans, Inc., federal tax identification number 95-2706737, residing at 36585 Penfield Lane, Winchester CA 92596, the sum of $ [amount] (or describe the real or personal property or percentage of your estate to be used for its general purposes).”
• Rest assured, you can change your will at any time, at your own discretion.
Note: HHV strongly encourages the consultation with a professional legal advisor when preparing a will. The preceding should not be used as legal advice.