Click on the question below that you would like answered
• Are donations to HHV tax deductible?
• Why does HHV seem to have more than one address?
• What can I do to receive less mail?
• How can I receive more name labels?
• How can I help, even if I can’t afford a donation?
• Why did I receive a sweepstakes mailing?
• How much of my donation goes toward program services?
• I’m a veteran; may I receive craft kits from HHV directly?
• How many facilities does HHV ship to?
• Is our facility eligible to receive crafts?
Yes, 100%. HHV was designated by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) organization.
HHV is headquartered in Winchester, California. Craft kits are both manufactured and received, processed and shipped from this location. HHV has post office boxes in Washington, D.C., Hagerstown, Maryland and Topeka, Kansas to collect and process donations. This is done to keep processing expenses to a minimum.
Many of our donors do not understand why they receive multiple requests from HHV. The reason is that HHV rents the mailing lists of many other organizations in order to gain new donors. This can cause frequent or multiple mailings to be received. If this becomes an issue, one might consider requesting of each charity they contribute” “Please do not sell or rent my name to any other entity.”
Name labels are produced for a particular mailing campaign. They are mass produced at the time of production and are not available after the production run.
One suggestion: Contact your local VA medical center and inquire about open volunteer positions. If you are not sure where your nearest VA medical center is, click here.
HHV uses sweepstakes mailings as a part of its overall fundraising operation. Each package is a separate entry into the named sweepstakes. HHV does not pay the winnings of any sweepstakes. Please see the “official rules” section which is printed within each package, for complete details.
Visit HHV’s financials page by clicking here.
The arts & crafts HHV distributes are both manufactured at HHV headquarters as well as purchased through suppliers at special prices. They are then distributed to VA and military medical facilities, and veterans nursing homes nationwide. Except for veterans registered through its Special Projects division, HHV is not able to fulfill most individual requests. Check here to learn if you or someone you know qualifies for items through HHV’s Special Projects.
HHV has shipped millions of arts & crafts kits to hundreds of facilities since its inception, with each shipment customized. Facilities include:
- Overseas Military Installations: 31
- Military Ships: 1
- Continental U.S. Military Installations: 153
- State Veterans Homes: 134
- Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centers: 180
- Department of Veterans Affairs Outpatient Clinics: 25
HHV purchases and manufactures a variety of craft kits with funds generously donated by caring citizens across the U.S. We carry a line of approximately 300 various items such as woodwork, leather items, paint-by-numbers, plastic models and ceramics.
Based on the size of the facility, (please see below to determine eligibility) HHV would provide a “starter” shipment containing a limited sampling of craft kits to give the veterans an idea of what is generally available.
Please note that craft kit types and quantities will vary.
Every craft kit has a donor card (or cards) attached, based on the retail value of the kit, (in $8.00 increments) which provide the veteran the opportunity to write a thank you note directly to the donor. Postage on these cards has already been paid by HHV – all that HHV asks of the veterans is completion and mailing of the cards in a timely manner, preferably within a three (3) month time frame.
Eligibility: Does your facility fall under one of these categories:
- Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center / Outpatient Clinic
- State Assisted Veteran’s Home
- Active Duty Military Hospital
If the answer is “YES” to any of the above, the director or facility administrator may request (on the facility’s stationary) to receive HHV craft kits. It will need to be stated within the request:
- The number of veterans within the facility;
- The average age of those veterans;
- The person who will be responsible for the craft kits program;
- Assurance that the arts and crafts kits will be given ONLY to veteran patients, veteran residents or active duty military individuals (no staff or dependents are eligible to receive HHV’s kits);
- Assurance the kits will be kept in a secure storage area;
- Assurance that the “donor cards” will be completed by the veterans, screened for content, and mailed in a timely manner (postage is pre-paid);
- The shipping address (if different from that of the letterhead). HHV DOES NOT SHIP TO P.O. BOXES).
Once the request is received, HHV will contact the facility for a short interview to determine the qualifications as well as verify all of the information received.
For more information call 951-926-4500.
*Some veterans may be eligible to receive arts & crafts and other products through HHV’s Special Projects Division. To find out if you or a veteran you know would be able to participate, .